An effective SEO strategy, no matter how much explored, continues to be one of the most popular searches online. There have been many online marketing techniques that have been introduced, practiced, then at one point they have been abused, to the extent that those very techniques may now bring down your site’s rating drastically. With every new technique, has come a saturation point after which it has been replaced by something new, simpler and more effective, especially from the user’s point of view. And these SEO techniques have been pretty much dictated by the search engine giant Google, ruling the web world today.
The following steps have been practiced and have been found to bring tangible results. These, one can safely claim, are steps that can’t go wrong. The only catch is -- they have to be followed religiously without fail, to achieve the desired outcome – a drive that yields high quality web traffic relevant to the business.
Here’s listing the tricks involved, in no particular order, to make an effective SEO plan.
- Back-links, particularly on premier search engines that dictate the web, are a great way to boost the appearance of your site on search engines. Here, you may effectively make use of popular information or data sites since search engines generally follow them. You may have noticed the domination of Wikipedia in Google search engine results, for example. Getting good back-links from similar sites which have high PR will certainly increase your rankings on Google and other such popular searches.
- Take the help of guest posting since guest blogging offers a number of benefits. It helps you to get traffic from relevant websites with customized anchor text and the relevant key phrases. Here, also keep in mind to keep a check on your competitor back links.
- Submission of fresh new content is perhaps one of the most important parts of the SEO strategy. Google follows fresh and new articles submission and ranks websites as per the quality and relevance of the matter. Once you have written and uploaded new content, in the form of article or blog, next stage would be to syndicate them. There are a number of websites for syndication of submitted articles. Consider choosing one for this purpose as the key lies in reaching out to the right contacts. Social media networks are increasingly playing an important role in this context. Social media also helps you to get some helpful and relevant back links.
- Over the last few years, the role of press releases has grown manifold, and even reporters and journalists are seeking the benefits of posting press releases on social media accounts. Social media has arrived as an effective and legitimate channel of communication between individuals as well as organizations. The press releases can be published and syndicated among relevant communities to announce a launch of a new product or service, an invention or an event. They can be very helpful in creating a ripple in your business community.
- Among advanced and effective link building techniques, one can take the help of rotating anchor text as per the variation strategy offered by advanced anchor text. The term and strategy has changed considerably with the latest algorithm update of Google Panda, and this has also come with its own set of guidelines particularly aimed for the benefit of search engine optimization. Contents should be updated on a regular basis to increase the relevance of the site as well the relevant keyword.
- Onsite optimization remains an important part of search engine optimization and this is generally guided by a good keyword strategy, social media links, and local search engine optimization locally or through monthly link building.
- Creating and submitting XML sitemap is also another way of optimizing your website. Google always prefers to crawl xml site maps and this increases its popularity. XML sitemaps are particularly effective in inviting ping search engines, and in fact, it actually helps the search engine to find all your pages and index them. This accelerates the indexing process to a considerable extent.
- Finally, make ample use of Google web master and analytics tool to boosts your search engine optimization strategy more effectively. These tools provide detailed guidelines that tell you which part of your strategy is working and which are not, and you can plan your next course of action, accordingly.
The above points are just some successful guidelines to build a strong search engine presence for your site. However, this is not to say that these are THE steps. There will be changes again. For now, safely follow the above guidelines and see your site moving up the search results.